Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Changing the Diaper

I know this is a little off topic from the recipes and such, but I feel that I should share with the world (or at least, the 9 people a month who read this) about changing Lexie's bum.  Before I get started, I know from time to time Sylvia or myself will say "change the bum" in front of other parents and get funny looks.  That is what we (and I think Sylvia will say just me, and she picked it up) say for changing the diaper.  I know, if you take it in the most literal meaning, it doesn't make a lick of sense, but hey, we are who we are.

Anyway, on to the changing of Lexie's bum.  You see, what makes it special and unique is that when you take off here diaper, this is the time that she decided to poop.  And I don't mean just a little girl trickle of poop, I am talking it is like a canon going off.  So when you change her, you have to hold her legs up and wait for the inevitable to occur.  Oh, and it doesn't stop there, no.  She then pees at us and decided to throw up at the same time.  All the orifices are getting a work out a changing time.  It didn't take us too long to set up a shielding system for us so that our clothes and whatever she is on when we change her (bed, floor, change table etc) gets the full brunt of Lexie.  There have been times, when we first brought her home, that we went through five diapers and three sleeper in one changing session!

In the end, she has such a satisfied look on her face after she explodes at us, it almost is worth it. 

..I am sure if she were to ever read this some time in the future, she would be mortified.  I guess that is what dads are supposed to do right?

Until next time,
-d

2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! Are you telling me this happens on a regular occasion? not as an infrequent period of hysteria? WOWSERS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...