Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rose Sauce

So I had some company come over the other day and I needed to whip up a sauce that was both tasty and easy because I was limited with time and I was cranky, so I came up with this Rose Sauce.

1 or 2 shallots (depending on the size) finely chopped
3 or 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of butter plus 1 tablespoon of EVOO (prevents the butter from burning)
1.5 cups of milk
3 teaspoons of flour
1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons of fresh or dried parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese
couple of shakes of crushed red peppers
pinch of sage
few generous pinches of Basil
few generous pinches of Oregano
salt and pepper
little bit of chipotle seasoning if you can get some

In a sauce pan, heat the butter and EVOO over medium heat. Add the shallots and the garlic and saute until nicely caramelized. Add flour to a measuring cup and add water and stir until flour is blended with the milk, then add to the pot. Whisk continually until the sauce start to thicken. Add the tomatoes and the seasonings and cheese, and reduce the heat to low, stirring occasionally.

I used dried herbs, as that is all I had, but fresh herbs is absolutely welcome when available.

This took me about half an hour to make, as I wasn't entirely sure what I was making until I really started going at it. The sauce was served over a bed of spaghettini.

Enjoy

-d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...