Sunday, May 29, 2011

Green Apple & Raspberry Shake

And now for something simple.



Prep Time: 5 Minutes

In desperate need for a nice cool treat the other weekend (which, if you live in Nova Scotia, you would think I was quite mad, since we haven't had that thing that is known as "Spring" yet, but I digress) I decided that I would whip us up a milk shake. But what flavour to have?

Vanilla? Nope. Too boring
Chocolate? Naw. Too sweet
Strawberry? No. Too 1950's

So I decided to see what kind of fruit we had around the house. I found some fresh raspberries and granny smith apples. And why not. The tartness of the raspberries and the sourness of the granny smith partly counter the sweetness of the ice cream. Here is what I used:

- 4 generous scoops of the good quality (read: lots of calories and fat) french vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 shredded granny smith apple
-1/2 quart fresh raspberries
- milk

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend away. You will notice that I only said "milk", as you can add as much or as little as you like, depending on how thick you want the shake. I put enough in so all the stuff is blending smoothly.



Alternatives:

-I have used frozen raspberries as well, because really, who will notice when it is all blended together.

That's all I have for now.

-d
o_O

Linking up with Skip to My Lou

3 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I absolutely love raspberries . . . I am definitely going to give these a try!
    I am your newest follower- and I would love to have you stop by my blog and follow back if you would like to!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mhhh, wie lecker! Ich liebe Fruchtshakes! Die Idee mit den Äpfeln finde ich sehr gut! Diesen Shake werde ich mal meinen 4 liebsten Menschen hier zu Hause anbieten! ;o)

    Ich hoffe, Du hattest ein schönes Wochenende!

    Ganz liebe Grüße,
    Verena

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm looks delicious!
    New google friend popping by via skip to my lou linky, please pop by, karima x
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...