Saturday, August 27, 2011

Thumb print Birthday Card


Since I did not have a birthday card for my gorgeous god daughter, I figured, Olivia and Lexie could make her one using their thumb prints.  I think home-made cards are a lot more special anyway, especially when they come from little ones. :)  We ended up making two cards, one for my god daughter's little brother as well, as their birthdays are only a month apart.


I actually bought the card stock paper - pastel at the Dollarama for $1.50.  It comes in a package of 100 with the following colours: yellow, green, blue, pink and purple.  I also bought the ink pads at the Dollarama - I got blue, yellow and purple.  I love using those, as it's SO easy to clean your baby or toddlers fingers, hands or feet.  You just use a wipe after using it and it's a no mess clean-up.


Making birthday cards does not get any simpler than this.  We used Olivia's thumb prints for the big balloons and Lexie's thumb prints for the little balloons.  Then I drew a string on each of the balloons and drew some easy birds for a little bit of life to finish up the birthday cards.


Linking up with Skip to My Lou

4 comments:

  1. Liebe Sylvia, das ist ja eine schöne Idee! Die muss ich mir merken, denn meine 3 Schätze sind auch so gerne kreativ. Deine Patentochter hat sich bestimmt sehr über die Karte gefreut.

    Hab´eine schöne Woche!

    Alles Liebe,
    Verena

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Your colouring is sensational! I love that close up .... the way you have coloured his face is amazing! Sensational layout and super colour choices.....
    plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and simple cards always looks pretty if you and your kids love art like this it is not a big deal any more just prepare your art on your computer and get hard copy from your printer one thing keep in mind always keep your Toner Cartridge for Printers up to date and enjoy your art and get appreciation by sending them to your relatives you can also include your signature in to each print so who else see your print also see your signature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    พิมพ์กล่องกระดาษ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...