Monday, February 21, 2011

Sour Cream Pancakes Recipe

Prep time: Around 10 minutes  Cook Time:  Around 10-15 minutes

This recipe for sour cream pancakes came from my sister, but I took it and modified it a little to suit my needs.  They are great pancake that everyone has seemed to enjoy.  I suppose if you are a fan of buttermilk pancakes, this recipe will be right up your alley.  Super simple to make, and if there are any leftovers, the toast up well the next day, or make a double batch to ensure that there will be leftovers.  Here are the constituents that you will need:

Dry:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 heaping tsp of baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp sugar
couple of pinches of salt

Wet:
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 2/3 cups of milk
A generous splash of vanilla

In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.  In another bowl, whisk the eggs then add the rest of the wet ingredients to that bowl.  Finally, pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and whisk together.  Cook in a frying pan with some oil or butter over medium heat, flipping when there are bubbles forming on the uncooked side.



Alternatives:

-I like to have mine with some butter and real maple syrup (I say real, because the fake stuff just, well, tastes fake to me.  Call me a snob, call me what you will, but that is what I think)

-Sylvia likes to have hers with just butter

-Add some chocolate chips into the batter for extra sweet

-Add some raspberries or bananas or shredded apples or whatever fruit you like to the batter, or on top

-Spread some Nutella on them

That's all for now,
-d (apparently needs proof reader.  Meh, I'm not an English major)

Linking up with Skip To My Lou & Funky Polkadot Giraffe & Paisley Passions & Bassgiraffe's Thoughts & It's a Hodgepodge Life & Moms Crazy Cooking & Extreme Personal Measures & What's Cooking Thursday




25 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe - they are the best EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pancakes, and absolutely love Lisa's photo! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I make pancakes and I have sour cream in the fridge, I make these! Love them! I think you made them the first time at our house on Easter three years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will make sure that I let my sister know how big of a hit they are (of course, of she actually read our blog, she would know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look super tasty ^^
    Newest follower from the Blog Hop Thursday blog hop.
    Please stop by my blog, enter our giveaway, and return the follow!
    http://slepperymind.blogspot.com/
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delish recipe.

    Following you via blog hop. Hope you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!

    Stopping by via the Thursday Hop to say hi and to follow.
    Have a great day!
    POSH
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/02/thursday-friends-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recipe sounds fabulous. Do you know if I could substitute Whole Wheat flour for regular white flour? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Patsy, thanks so much. You can absolutely substitue regular white flour for whole wheat flour. Llet me know how the pancakes turn out if you make them - I'd love to hear back from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sour Cream in pancakes is different: This would be a great recipe to link up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS; the theme this week is "SURPRISE INGREDIENT" (What can you hide in your recipe). Please come on over and link up....

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sour cream pancakes - yummy! My Grandmother made a Sour Cream Cake - please come and visit at http://www.rocknrecipes-rocknquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for coming back and linking up to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS.

    We would like to invite you back next Monday for a new theme “Husband’s Cook”; so if you have a post already or want to get your significant other in the kitchen this week, next week’s linky party is gonna be loads of fun, I know I can’t WAIT to see what my “non-cooking husband is gonna make”!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is similar to a recipe I have from my cousin and oh my is it good. I think the sour cream just gives the most wonderful flavour. Thank you for sharing your post with Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home. Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I rushed right over for your recipe after seeing your link on Skip to My Lou! These sound wonderful! My family loves sharing a pancake breakfast on Saturdays and this will be the one we'll have next weekend. Thanks for posting it!

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by from Made by You Monday. Those look so light and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will try this,been really looking for ways to use my sour cream (bought the big size from the warehouse) then i came upon to see your blog,that's a blessing,thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found you on Skip to My Lou. This recipe sounds (and looks) delicious! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I tried the pancakes and they were delicious. Husband ate till he almost popped. Dogs ate too and I have batter left over. LOL I made the following changes:

    Used 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 all purpose flour
    Used buttermilk instead of regular milk
    Added 1 mashed banana

    Next time I may try to make them will all whole wheat flour. I was afraid they might be too heavy with all whole wheat. They are a hit and will be eaten again and again in this house. Thanks so much for such a delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like to do all of the above. Add chocolate chips to the batter, nutella to the top , and raspberries all over!! :)

    This would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love pancakes, but rarely make them, so they are a treat to me. Those look very yummy! I always have sour cream in my fridge, so I may have to adapt the sour cream into the gluten free pancakes I make. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I made these for my kiddos, and they were a hit! Sharing them with my readers on my Facebook page today. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You had me at sour cream (the sneaky ingredient that makes everything tast better). Thanks for posting this recipe! I love from-scratch pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. these are amazing! I'll have to try this recipe. I definitely should not be looking at food when I'm so hungry already .

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. YUM! Thanks for the great recipe. Can't wait to try it. I am your newest follower and would love for you to come check out my blog and follow along too!
    thanks
    xoxo
    amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...