Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Time in the Pool this Summer

Olivia sure enjoyed the pool today - first time we were able to put it up this year! The bird wasn't so sure about the cold water or I guess she was sure about it, as she squeaked, letting me know it was too cold on her little feet! She loves the bath normally, so hopefully the water will warm up in the next few days, so she'll get to enjoy it, too.

While taking quite some time getting all of the dirty rain water & sand out of the pool, wiping it clean with a pair of "Mami, isch das am Daddy sieni Unterhose/Mami, is that Daddy's underwear?" (Yes, it's Daddy's old, CLEAN undies turned into rag) and filling it with fresh water, Olivia says to me:

Olivia: "Du bisch a liebi Mami."
Olivia: "You're a nice Mami"

Mami: "Wieso bini as liebs Mami?"
Mami: "Why am I a nice Mami?"

Olivia: "Will Du s'Schwimmbad putzisch fuer mi!"
Olivia: "Because you are cleaning the pool for me!"

Awww, best appreciation a Mami can ever get from her 3 year old, right?


Linking up with Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop & Wordless and Wordful Wednesday


3 comments:

  1. Such a great picture! And yes that is one of the best compliments a Mom can get from a 3 year old.
    I am now following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie! I don't have any kids yet but looking forward to it.

    Wanted to say thank you for the nice compliment about my blog. It's nice to know someone actually reads it once in a while!

    I am now following and I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

    I have my weekend 6 in 1 blog hop going on right now (runs all week long, and resets Friday afternoon. Find it under the tab)... where you can link up your blog, twitter, facebook, networkedblog, blogfrog and giveaways. You should swing by!

    All the best,
    Kim
    A Spicy Boy, A Cat, and My Fat Ass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following, I am your newest follower
    The Chex sign up is over, but if you go here http://www.momcentralcanada.com/im-a-blogger/ you can sign up for future opps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...