Thursday, June 30, 2011

Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheese Sauce


My friend Lila from Sweet and Lovely Crafts introduced me to this recipe and my little girl along with myself have loved it ever since we've tried it the first time! The recipe is from the cook book The Baby's Table by Brenda Bradshaw, which is available on Amazon.ca or your local Chapter's (currently at 78% off at $4.99 at the latter)! I usually make a double batch of this recipe and freeze it! I normally add some Butternut Squash to it as well, to add a bit of sweetness.

Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheese Sauce

*2 cups of cauliflower
*2 cups of broccili
*1 tbsp flour
*1 tbsp butter
*1 cup of milk (I use regular milk, but you can
use breast milk or formula if you want)
*1 1/2 cups chedder cheese

1. In steamer cook broccoli and cauliflower.

2. To make the sauce: whisk butter and flour over medium heat until paste forms. Slowly add 1/2 cup of milk, whisking until lumps disappear. When it's lump free, add in the rest of the milk. Stir (use a spoon!) in the cheese until the sauce thickens to a smooth and creamy texture.

3. Since my little one is a bit older, I usually just mash the broccoli and cauliflower with a potato masher now and then pour it into the sauce. For even finer texture puree it to the desired consistency, using a blender.



Linking up with Skip to My Lou

1 comment:

  1. Your soup looks DELICIOUS!!!! I love broccoli and cheese soup, and I love the addition of the cauliflower (one of my favorite vegetables!) Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...