Monday, July 11, 2011

One Sick Girl & Her First Antibiotics


Well, I'm happy to say that we made it 3 years and 3 months without having to use antibiotics for our big, little girl!  Not bad I think.  Olivia told us yesterday that her right ear hurt.  On top of that, her eyes were discharging yellow and green goobers/mucus.  We cleaned them often but after 30min or so, the goobers/mucus always came back.  Olivia was unconsolable for a couple of hours and kept crying on and off, saying to me at one point: "I chann eifach nit ufhoere/I just can't stop!"  When I asked her what it was she couldn't stop, she told me: "Bruele/to cry."  Poor thing.  

We figured it would be best to see our beloved Dr. Dawood today.  Normally, the waiting time to get in to see her is a few days, but we lucked out getting an appointment today.  My sister from this blog helped us out by coming with us, which made life a heck of a lot easier!  Oh, and we gave the Sarah-Mobil another spin, taking it to the Doctor's so thanks to Sarah!

To make a long story short, Dr. Dawood got me to look Olivia's right ear after she checked it out and it was really red.  So, Olivia is on antibiotics (APO-AMOXI) three times a day for the next 7 days.  In fact, she is begging me for them right now, as her antibiotics are banana flavoured - figures!  

Not sure if it's really a good idea, having banana flavoured medicine - Olivia is having way too much fun with it already!  Any thoughts on that one?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the props! :) I have to update my blog again soon! Hope the little cutie feels better soon! Xoxo to Olivia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...