Saturday, July 23, 2011

More of Metallica

Sylvia mentioned in a post a few days ago that for our anniversary (which was the 20th - 5 freaking years!) that we indulged ourselves in a little heavy metal mayhem that is Metallica.  This concert marked my fourth Metallica show, and Sylvia's second.  I myself got into Metallica back when I was 14, when one of my best friends introduced me to their older stuff (as I was familiar with only the Black Album at the time).  Sylvia has liked them for quite some time too, but swears that it wasn't me who got her into them...which may be correct, but I think that I pushed it a little more.  Whether it be from me or not, their song Nothing Else Matters is special to us as it was our first dance song at our wedding (now THAT is love - my favourite band as our first dance song.)


So anyway, on with the concert.  The concert was called Rock the Hill, which is apparently supposed to mark the first of an annual event, and also featured the likes of Death Valley Driver (local band who won a battle of the bands), Matt Mays, Protest the Hero, Seether, and Coheed and Cambria (all of which, surprisingly, I haven't seen before).  All the bands were fantastic.  Seether was a real stand out, because I wasn't too sure what to expect, but they had a fantastic set.  They were a true warm up act, as the whole crowd really got into them.


I was also all stoked to see Coheed and Cambria.  Their set was balls to the wall fantastic.  I got really into the set.  They were all business.  They came out and played the hell out of an hour.  The crowd got pretty intense when they came on, because everyone started to surge forward, likely to get up close for Metallica.  I was surprised though with how many people I talked with afterwards that have never heard of Coheed and Cambria, and most weren't very impressed with the set.  Me - I really want to see them where they are the headlining act.


Finally, the time had come for Metallica to hit the stage.  They played a blistering 2 hour set which left me with no voice and a ringing right ear - just like old times.  The only thing I thought was surprising was that they didn't play Battery, but I guess that is OK because they did play Hit the Lights.  It was amazing.  I could do it every week and never get tired of it.  All in all, it was a great time.  I can't wait to see them again.


-d
O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...